- Date: Monday 17th – Friday 21st June 2013
- Venue: St John’s College, Durham
- Cost: £175 (excluding accommodation)
- Book: Download Booking Form (Word doc)
- Programme: Draft Programme
- Speakers: More Information
- Accommodation Suggestions: Premier Inn; St John’s B&B; ThisisDurham; Travelodge
MediaLit offers an opportunity for first class training and resources in media for ministry for those engaged in formal pre-ordination training, those already engaged in local or national ministry and anyone concerned to connect Christian faith with communication in a digital age. We will explore communications media, an overview of the workings of the media – both broadcast media and the press, as well as offer some key skills training in how to create material for the media and how to handle various media opportunities. We will be reflecting theologically on the media’s interaction with society and public values and encouraging you to think critically about how you and your congregations consume the media’s products – and what products we might produce ourselves to assist and engage with the media.
- Lectures will normally be held in the Leech Hall at St John’s College.
- Prayers will be held in the College Chapel.
- Meals and breaks will be taken in the Bowes Dining Room.
- Practicals will be held in appropriate venues.
Since the course begins early on Monday morning, those travelling any distance may need to find accommodation for Sunday night to ensure they get the most from the course.