Like the sound of working through this book with others around the world? Want to be inspired in your discipleship journey through poetry, creativity and input from a range of voices over Lent? Want to delve into the Bible with your cell group, and share some of those conversations with others through social media?
JOIN THE BIG READ FOR LENT 2014!
Think about how deeply you’d like to be involved and choose from the following options:
- just read the book;
- access FREE house-group study materials (developed by Rev Dr Kate Bruce and Dr Bex Lewis)
A menu which includes Nibbles (conversation starters); Main Course (Bible materials, author videos, reflections, questions); Dessert (a prayerful activity); After Dinner Chocs (something to take away and sink your teeth into, or suck on, over the week);
- participate in a Facebook group (http://j.mp/FBBigRead) sharing ideas and discussing Big Read themes
- join discussions through Twitter using the hashtag #bigread14;
- take advantage of tips, tricks, interviews and training in social media (materials can be found via http://archive.bigbible.uk/digilit/) in order to contribute online through word, image or sound.
- Participate in #Do1NiceThing each day, in daily activities inspired by the poems, provided by Love Your Streets (Street Angels)
Materials related to The Big Read 2014, and opportunities to engage with it, can be accessed via http://archive.bigbible.uk/tag/bigread14, whilst Dr Sara Batts has provided some useful thinking on running housegroups.
The daily readings start on 2 March 2014, with Ash Wednesday (the official start of Lent) on 5 March. Lent finishes on 17 April 2014, with the readings finishing on 26 April.
DOWNLOAD the postcard (PDF) – includes a beautiful poem on simplicity, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like some to distribute in your church.